DATE: 10th June 2017
WORLD KONKANI CENTRE CALLS APPLICATIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP
Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund set up by World Konkani Centre, Mangaluru, Invites applications for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships-2017 from Konkani Speaking students belonging to any caste and religion, seeking professional education in the stream of Engineering and MBBS. Eligibility Criteria will be as follows.
- Only candidates with Konkani as mother tongue can apply for this scholarship regardless of caste and religion. Mother tongue certificate need to be provided while applying.
- Only Candidates who are seeking admission to the FIRST Year of the Engineering or MBBS course in 2017 can apply.
- Only Candidates who scored above 70% in SSLC and in the core subjects in PUC and also secured a Ranking of 20,000 or below in the Common Entrance Test (CET) can apply.
- Only Candidates whose total Family Income is less than Rs. 4.50 Lakhs per annum can apply. The references from Family Doctor and a Chartered Accountant should be provided in this regard while applying.
- Student should be willing to sponsor 2 students after completion of studies and after securing employment and should contribute 20 days in the year 2017-18 to the community service.
Most deserving candidates will be selected on the basis of verifications by independent panelists and each of the selected candidates will be awarded scholarships amounting Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 40,000 for the Engineering and MBBS aspirants respectively.
Candidates fulfilling above criteria can apply Online for the Scholarships 2017 through an online application module set up by world Konkani Centre on website: www.vishwakonkani.org. Application module will be opened for applying from 10th June 2017. Application Module will be active only till the last date for application 10th July, 2017. Applications received in hardcopy will not be processed for the Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarships 2017. Candidates can login to the website for detailed instructions on preparation for the application process and terms and conditions of the Scholarship Programme.
‘Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund’ envisages grant of Merit-cum-Means Scholarships to students having Konkani language as their mother tongue. Instituted in the year 2010 as envisioned by the eminent thinker and corporate leader T.V. Mohandas Pai, the VKSSF has successfully raised and awarded more than 14,000 scholarships to the tune of about Rs. 15.00 crores. Every year it awards more than 2000 scholarships amounting Rs. 3.00 Crores to deserving students in various disciplines.
As the Fund is functioning on the basis of ‘Stream’ concept, the entire amount generated every year will be distributed to the beneficiaries and no separate corpus will be maintained. Contributions to the Fund will be eligible for Tax Exemption under section 80(G) of the Income Tax Act.
‘Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund’ is administered by a Governing Council comprising eminent personalities. Ramadas Kamath U., Executive Vice President, Infosys is the President of the Fund and Pradeep G. Pai, Managing Director of Hangyo Ice Creams Pvt. Ltd., is the secretary. The council is also guided by Basti Vaman Shenoy, the founder and the president of World Konkani Centre, Dr. Dayananda Pai the Chairman of Konkani Language and Cultural Foundation and R.V. Deshpande, the Chairman Emeritus of the Foundation.